Hi hair lovers!!!
Rose water is flavoured water made by steeping rose petals in water. It is the hydrosol portion of the distillate of rose petals, a by-product (co-product) of the production of rose oil for use in perfume. It is used to flavour food, as a component in some cosmetic and medical preparations, and for religious purposes throughout Europe and Asia. The cultivation of various fragrant flowers for obtaining perfumes including rose water may date back to Sassanid Persia. Locally it was known as golāb in Middle Persian, and as zoulápin in Byzantine Greek
Rose water is very rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and B3, as well as flavonoids and has antiseptic and antibacterial properties; it replenishes lost moisture and makes hair more manageable, smoother, shinier and healthier, can help reduce dandruff and its stimulating properties increases scalp circulation and promote hair growth. It nourishes and strengthens the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair. It balances the pH of the hair making it a natural anti-inflammatory.
Ways to use Rosewater:
- It can be used as a final rinse after shampooing, and it can help prevent hair loss;
- A hair mist;
- DIY leave-in conditioner
- And it can also be used on your skin.
Rosewater and glycerin mist:
1 cup Rosewater
2 tsps. oil of choice
2 capsules Vitamin E
Rosewater leave-in conditioner:
2 Tbsps. conditioner of choice
2 tsp oil of choice
Have you tried using rosewater in your hair care regimen before?
Hi hair lovers!!!
I bought this product at my local Clicks in June you can read all about it here. I was skeptical at first to buy the product fearing the unknown. The product really replenishes the hair.
Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyldimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sine Adipe Lac (Nonfat Dry Milk), Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin.
On Dry Hair: Place a small amount into palms, rub hands together and smooth through the hair from scalp to ends. On Damp Hair: Apply evenly, working through hair, focusing at the ends, to assist in detangling. Blow dry and style as desired.
Replenish dry, damaged hair with Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Hair Milk. This lightweight, non-greasy hair lotion penetrates deep, replacing natural essential oils. Formulated with pure coconut milk and vitamin E to leave hair soft with body, moisture and shine. PARABEN FREE
My take on the product:
- My first application was on dry hair, it left white residue but faded away before I left the house.
- My second use was on wet hair and I used it with my Cantu curling custard, and for the first time I had the most defined bantu knot-outs.
- I am really impressed with the fact that it works well with my Cantu products.
- With continued use my hair was feeling strong and looking fuller and thicker like when I use my Henna treatments.
- My hairline has since improved and the baby hair on my hairline is much stronger.
The downside was:
- I experienced protein overload, my hair became too strong that it lacked elasticity and was easily breaking, I am now doing more moisture treatments to reverse this problem.
Hi hair lovers!!!
On the 1st of May I started my growth challenge, which includes using bioting as my growth aid. Biotin has many benefits like growing your hair thick and also helps with your metabolism.
The product advises that you must take 1 capsule per day after a meal. I did according to the directions for the whole of May. In June I upped my dosage to 2 capsules per day, which was not bad for my skin unless if I forget to stick to my 2 -3lts of water a day.
- Hair: Promotes hair growth, keeps hair strong & healthy, prevents breakage.
- Nails: Strengthens brittle nails.
- Skin: Relieves rashes & dermatitis.
- Metabolism: Helps the body to process fats, carbohydrates & protein. Supports healthy, sustainable weight management.
- Blood sugar: Helps to keep glucose levels steady, preventing blood sugar spikes.
- Energy: Alleviates lethargy and mild depression.
BioLife Biotin is preservative-free and suitable for vegans.
- Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by a health care professional.
- Store below 25°C.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding moms should consult a medical professional before taking this supplement.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Biotin 5mg (5000mcg)
- Thicker hair, my hair is now thick which is a bonus for me as I used to relay mainly on henna for this volomous look,
- Less breakage,
- My nails are much stronger now
- Breakouts when not consuming enough water.
breakout on my chin
I will continue to take the biotin capsule until the last day of my challenge, I don’t think I can take pills for the rest of my life. I will have to continue incorporating healthy meals and an exercise regime.
Brownchild hair product
Hi hair lovers!!
Just when I thought the product junkie in me is dying out, I finally got my hands on hair products which are made in South African. The products are made by a beautiful lady Karabo. I first saw her feature on Frochic. The best part is that she’s from Limpopo, whoop whoop.
She has three products which is a shampoo, conditioner and a moisturising shea butter. The products are sulphate free which means my hair will not be stripped off its natural oils. I will be trying these two products and will give a review soon on them.
What new products have you purchased?
Hi hair lovers!!
This last quarter of the year is very hectic for me, I sometimes skip wash days (I know, I know routine must be followed) but life also happens. Anyway this Saturday I had to wash my hair, I didn’t have a choice my scalp was so itchy since I am on the Hairlista INC oil challenge. I skipped the pre-poo session and jumped straight to washing.
Like I promised that I will review the African black soap which I liquified four days prior to my wash day. The soap has much foam I was very impressed, as I was rinsing it out I could feel that my hair was squeaky clean. My scalp now could breath and the dandruff which I noticed recently disappeared. I then did the DC by mixing Africa’s best Hair Mayonnaise and Dark n Lovely Amla Legend, and a spoon full of castor oil.
I used the Cantu Shea Butter Leave in which I bought at Obulunji, and sealed all the moisture in using the Shea Butter I bought from Natural Moisture. For my styling I did flat twists at the back and bantu knots on the top of my hair because I wanted to use the banana comb for my final look. Below is my final look, excuse the poor picture quality.
How was your wash day?